Best wishes to all of you, hope you survived the weekend and nobody got hurt playing with fireworks. The year 2011 was quite a trading year. Two brief periods of market panic and elevated volatility levels all year long. No casualties among the ranks of market makers for a change. Alas, two brokers were forced to throw in the towel (Amstel and Aespen).
The year 2012 starts with January 1st being a sunday, but the market will close exactly twice as often as previous year. With closed markets I mean scheduled public holidays, not the frequent market shut down caused by system trouble at Euronext.
- Friday 6 April 2012 (Good Friday)
- Monday 9 april 2012 (Easter Monday)
- Tuesday 1 May 2012 (Labour day)
- Tuesday 25 December 2012 (Christmas)
- Wednesday 26 December 2012 (Boxing Day)